Mirage of Joy

 "It all commenced with a cry

Cord cut, flowers distributed, my arrival was celebrated with a rye,

I was over showered with the love of my parents and relatives

Spoiled with everything and anything without questioning my motives,

Now an adolescent

I turned out wild

Fierce, untamed, undomesticated

I was everything but cultivated

Playing, fighting, partying in excess

Me and studies never formed a nexus 

I pursued this life, with a fervent appetite

Little did I know, this is just a respite,

I spent all the days of my youth on pleasure

Now they cam down, haunting me later

Was desperate to re form the once unformed nexus 

With dreams so high

But work done nye,

My once carefree adolescent self

Learned how to hussle thy self,

My employers were anything but kind

Therefore took a stand behind, 

I worked, worked and worked

But couldn't compensate for those lost years,

Yet the work did paid off

Not to the extent I wished off,

Got a decent living

Life was monotonous with a 9-5 working

The time that was once spent partying

Was now spent struggling,

Making ends meet

It was all a repeat

I copied what my seniors did before me

And my juniors will do after me,

It was the truth of my life

Now I was spending my time in hospice,

Contemplating what went wrong

What if there was a difference

In the actions I did in my youth,

And hence, it all started with a cry

And damn as well ended with a cry"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverie

THE WHISPERER

NASTASYA FILIPINOVA