LONGING

Breaking the clutches of this invisible chain

That has kept me stuck in vain

I want to come and seek your solace

Hug you and seek the warmth of your embrace


One day and counting

Is how I calculate days 

Each time you come and leave me hanging

Saying goodbyes is a herculean task

Done while shoving the ardent tears in a flask


The flask which never gets empty

Readily refills when given the opportunity

To seek your well being is my proclivity

Any displeasure caused to you unleashes my callosity


And when there are no tears left

All i'm left is the longing to come to you at the earliest

The chain comes and clasps my insides

And once again i'm left to keep counting the days till this curse subsides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverie

THE WHISPERER

NASTASYA FILIPINOVA